Monday, January 14, 2013

The Return of the Muse

     It seems that the creative Muse has been in retreat since i submitted a story August 1 to an anthology called Living Through Grief: Love Revealed, which is soon to be published as a Kindle book. The writing of that story took me deeply and intensely into myself and the past. Much was experienced, embodied, revealed, rejoiced, and redeemed in writing it.      Over a lifetime of creativity being central to my existence, I have come to understand that creative process has its own seasons and cycles, and, up until a couple of weeks ago, most of my creative energies have been underground since August 1. I did get into learning about raw food and not-cooking this summer. Nothing was happening with writing although a little art-making continued, though not in a very juicy way. Even so, it has been a wonderfully deep contemplative time for me, stoking the fire within with inspiring readings, spiritual practices, learning new things, and the joy of my ongoing work with others.
     Allowing it all to be as it is, is my essential aspiration, prayer and practice--has been for many years. My children are master teachers for me in this neighborhood.
      People for whom creation is central, come to know these cycles of great fecundity and fallowness. I don't fret as i know that the Muse is gathering her energies and ideas when she is not so visible on the surface. About two weeks ago, the Muse re-appeared and i was very happy to greet her and eager to see what she would offer.
     So far, a new store for digital download meditations has appeared on the Temple site, writing is happening again, i am learning new recording software so that i can offer some newly-inspired meditations, i am playing with photography again and painting is opening up--all wonderful callings in the midst of a very cold Colorado winter. My interest in quantum physics and engaging the Mystery in ongoing conversations led me to Matrix Energetics, which i have also been studying and practicing.
     The Mystery works in strange and mysterious ways! One of my favorite prayers to the Mystery is: "I am willing, you arrange it."
     Feel free to investigate your own creative process. Do you listen and take action when a creative urge arises? I find the more i respond to the Muse, even in tiny gestures, the more she offers...      
     Life on the planet these days is so uncertain. It always has been but the veil of illusion that we know anything from one moment to the next is gone. We have NOW, and cannot count on tomorrow. What is your creative longing, what are you called to now? Are you willing to listen and respond to even the tiniest creative impulses, longings, inspirations?

No comments:

Post a Comment